- I am an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science,
College of Engineering and Applied Science, at the University of Wyoming.
- I work on machine learning and data mining.
I direct a Machine Learning Group. Here is my C.V.
- What's New
- 09/2019: I'll serve as a PC member for PAKDD'20.
- 09/2019: I receive the NSF CRII award.
- 09/2019: Paper accepted to ICBK'19. Congrats to Zhen.
- 08/2019: Paper accepted to GlobalSIP'19.
- 08/2019: Two papers accepted to ICTAI'19. Congrats to Austin and Dheeraj.
- 08/2019: Paper accepted to ICDM'19. Congrats to Hui.
- 08/2019: I'll serve as a PC member for AAAI 2020.
- more & group news
- Selected Publications
- [ICDM'19] Hui Hu*, Yijun Liu*, Zhen Wang* and Chao Lan.
A distributed fair machine learning framework with private
demographic data protection. International Conference on Data Mining, 2019.
(acceptance rate:18.5%=194/1046) [pdf]
- [UAI'16] Chao Lan, Jianxin Wang and Jun Huan.
Towards a theoretical understanding of negative transfer
in collective matrix factorization. Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence, 2016.
- [KDD'15] Chao Lan and Jun Huan.
Reducing the unlabeled sample complexity of semi-supervised multi-view learning.
Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 2015.
- [CIKM'14] Yuhao Yang, Chao Lan, Xiaoli Li, Bo Luo and Jun Huan.
Automatic social circle detection using multi-view clustering.
Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, 2014.
- Fall 2019: Introduction to AI
- Spring 2019: Machine Learning
- Selected Services
- Conference Program Committee
- - AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2019 - 2020.
- - IEEE International Conference on Big Data (BigData), 2019.
- - Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD), 2018 - 2020.
- - International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), 2018.
- Journal Reviewer
- - IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
- - IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics
- - Neurocomputing
- - Social Network Analysis and Mining
I received my Ph.D. in computer science from the University of Kansas in 2017, advised
by professor Jun (Luke) Huan;
I also worked with professor Bo Luo on social
network analysis. During 2012 summer, I was a student at the Data Science Summer Institute
at UIUC, supervised by Yizhou Sun and Rui Li on Twitter hot event detection.
I received my master degree from the Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications (NJUPT) in
China in 2011, advised by professor Xiaoyuan Jing.
I received my bachelor degree in electronic and information engineering from NJUPT in 2008.