|Mac OS X Native Application||Gradebook.app.tgz|
|Java Web Start||gradebook.jnlp|
|Java JAR Files||
|Java Source Files||gradebook-src.jar|
This is a simple application that can be used for keeping track of grades in a course. It is integrated well with the University of Wyoming's Student Information System, so it is especially useful to teachers at this university. But others may find the application useful as well. The following are the key features:
- Automatically downloads class roster information from Hole in the Wall
- Merges class roster information, even after the official add/drop period
- Supports customizable grading policies
- Keeps track of students final grades throughout the semester, e.g., "if the semester were to end today you would get an A"
- Uses different views to support grade reporting
- Generates a unique ID for each student, to facilitate grade posting (since the university does not see fit to give us a student ID that can be used for anything)
- Exports data to CSV and HTML for posting grades
Gradebook is due for a major upgrade. The next version will hook up to the University's new student information system. It will also feature more flexible grading policies, such as making an assignment optional for the whole class or for a single student, and supporting groupwork directly. The new version will also integrate with the course management system Moodle, since I use that for my classes. The new version will also feature a new and improved user interface. It is possible that this new version will only only under MacOS X.
This software uses the following open source utilities: