CALL FOR PAPERS
Participants can submit papers (up to 6 pages, minimum of 2 pages) describing positions, preliminary research or evaluation results, prototypes, design work, works-in-progress or applications focus on interaction with volumetric data in immersive visualizations and/or multiple objects representing a volume in virtual environments.
Papers should be prepared using the IEEE Computer Society format. Submissions will be peer-reviewed and authors of accepted papers will be invited to present at the workshop. Demonstrations of prototype interfaces, interaction modalities, and interactive immersive systems are highly encouraged. Participants providing a demonstration will be asked to submit a brief abstract and short video.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Wednesday February 19, 2014 Midnight PST.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: February 27, 2014
CAMERA READY: March 15, 2014
Submissions should be submitted in PDF format by emailing your submission to wivi2014 googlegroups com. You may contact the organizers for any questions.
Please include authors, affiliation, and contact information when submitting.
WORKSHOP DATE: Saturday March 29, 2014, 1:30pm - 5:00pm.
For more details on workshops: http://ieeevr.org/2014/workshops/index.html
For more details on this workshop, please contact the organizers (contact information on the ‘contact’ page)
Each deadline is by midnight PST on the stated day, no matter where the submitter is located.
+++++++++++++++++++++++ AUTHOR INSTRUCTIONS ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
* Submission for review: position statement papers or works-in-progress 2 to 4 pages, research papers of 4 to 6 pages length. All submitted materials must be in PDF format with embedded fonts. Accepted papers will be made available on the workshop website and will be submitted to the IEEE Digital Library. Please be advised that if and once they are included in the IEEE digital proceedings then they will no longer be made available on the website but through IEEE, as IEEE will then be the copyright holder and exclusive distributor of IEEE copyrighted conference proceedings.
Camera-ready documents will be submitted to the IEEE Digital Library, and therefore must be formatted using the IEEE Computer Society format described at http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~vis/Tasks/camera.html. (Templates provided) We ask that you prepare your initial submission as close to camera-ready as possible.
* Don’t forget to register! Authors with submissions are guaranteed access to the workshop but must still register. At least one author must give an oral presentation of about 15-20min of their work at the workshop. At least one author from each submission must register by March 7, 2014 (note: early bird registration deadline is February 28, 2014) to assure publication in the conference proceedings. Other participants are welcomed and encouraged to register and attend for the discussion, but attendance to these participants will be limited to 30 participants on a first-come-first serve basis.
Note: Early Bird registration deadline is February 28, 2014
* Camera-ready version preparation: When submitting the camera-ready version, authors are requested to indicate:
1) if they would like to have a hard-copy of the workshop materials
2) if they allow to releasing their paper on the workshop webpage.
3) What technical resources they may need for their presentation
Technical requirements shall include a medium sized lecture space complete with projector, screen, and multiple microphones for speaker and audience members. Additionally, there may be a few demonstrations that might require additional power source and tables.